I use to teach Photoshop classes at the Center for Photography , here in Charleston, SC. I remember one of my students, Marty Whaley Adams, telling me that each January, she embarked on some new adventure or class to start the year off right. Every new year, I think about that, get a little introspective and find myself thinking about what class I could take.
Through the power of Twitter and my hopeless addiction to it, I found out that Holly Becker, the talented dame behind Decor8, was hosting a blogging class with Leslie Shewring called, “Blogging Your Way“. Without any hesitation, I signed right up. We are two weeks into the class and it has my wheels turning. I am outlining topics and features to come.
I want my blog to be more than just a recap of what I’ve shot in the past week because I think that gets boring for all 5 of you out there that read it. Are there more? Instead, I plan to start featuring…
1. What inspires me… artists, books, food, people, the cream of the crop.
2. The Featured Photo: a behind-the-scenes look at special photos from weddings, what the story was and the technicalities of “getting the shot”.
3. 52 Weeks: I’m 7 months in to a year long project I’ve been working on. Now it’s time to start showing you the progress, week by week.
4. Industry insider point of view: My take on the photo industry, trends and all.
5. Word to Live By… and other favorite quotes.
Lastly, because I am a visual person, I must leave you with this photo, which is all about FOCUS!